2020 YES Conference Student Advisory Council (SAC) Application
Apply to help us plan the 2020 Youth for the Environment and Sustainability (YES) Conference. The YES Conference, now in its sixth year, is a great opportunity to improve your project planning skills, hone your public speaking skills, and meet new friends. We are looking for student representatives from each of the Bay Area Counties that include:
- Contra Costa
- San Francisco
- San Mateo
- Santa Clara
- Southwestern Solano, and
- Southern Sonoma counties.
Come share your passion for making this event successful by helping us plan the 2020 conference. As a Youth Advisory Council Member, you will:
- Learn program planning, leadership, and public speaking skills
- Review and play a critical role in decision-making for the 2020 conference
- Meet teens from throughout the Bay Area
We hope that you can consider contributing your skill sets for this event.
To eligible, youth need to be:
- A Bay Area resident during the 2019-2020 school year
- Between the ages of 12-18
- Available to contribute 1-2 hours of week during the school year to plan the event. Assigned term begins in August 2019 and ends in April 2020
- Flexible to attend monthly meetings over Google Hangouts and other in-person meetings, as needed (we’ll do our best to keep the in-person meetings to a minimum)
Council members may track their meeting and event time as volunteer/community service hours. Air District staff can sign-off on documents from school or other agencies as necessary. Council members will receive public recognition at the 2020 YES Conference and a certificate and/or verification letter at the conclusion of their term.
Application deadline is on Friday, August 23rd at 5:00 pm.
Please direct any questions about the application process or the Student Advisory Council to Kristina Chu at email@example.com.